- Servinfo: # Servinfo displays Pilot/ATC information for VATSIM. It also displays a meter and information about the route the pilot is taking.
- VAT-Spy: # Is a simple application that allows you to view current ATC staffing and traffic levels on VATSIM. It is modeled after ServInfo, a very popular traffic and ATC viewer for multiple online flying networks.
- Teamspeak: Is software for quality voice communication via the Internet.
- Vattatsic: is a completely Web-based application which shows the current status of the VATSIM network. It provides approximately the same functionality as some downloadable software does such as VAT-Spy, ServInfo, QuteScoop (for MAC and Linux), and Dolomynum.
# NOTE: Updated Colombo FIR data for Servinfo & VAT-Spy is available here.
Here you will find information on essential/optional software required to enhance your flight simulation experience. Follow the links below to visit main web sites to get full information, demos and downloads. Descriptions are provided to help you determine the function of the software.
Online Vatsim flight operations has following minimum requirements:
- Microsoft Flight Simulator FS9, FSX or X-Plane
- Vatsim Pilot Membership
Basic Flying Rules:
1. Try to stay in the middle of the air.
2. Do not go near the edges of it.
3. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there.
- FSInn: Is a freeware pack which comes with numerous features and enables you to connect your Flight Sim to the VATSIM Network. FSInn has a large number of features including a radar screen, a push back feature and the ability to ensure that all other multiplayer aircraft are depicted in their correct livery. All of the information regarding FSinn and FScopilot is contained in a very good users manual.
- Squawkbox: Is an add-on for Microsoft Flight Simulator that connects virtual pilots to online air traffic control networks. It adds tremendous realism to your flights by connecting you to an online world populated with virtual air traffic controllers. These controllers are real people that communicate with you on voice, handling every aspect of your flight: filing your flight plan, getting clearance, pushback, taxiing, takeoff and landing.
- FS Navigation: Aircraft Navigation tutorials devoted to Flight Simulator enthusiasts. Covers standard Air Navigation, Navigation Charts, NDB Navigation, VOR Navigation, ILS Approaches, etc.
- SkyVector: Was founded in 2005 by a web developer who was learning to fly. Since then it has grown in popularity to become the number one internet destination for aeronautical charts.